About Me

My photo
Lansing, Michigan, United States
I am a Lansing townie, lawyer, and restaurant reviewer for the City Pulse. I love traveling, reading, yoga, and baking, but my favorite hobby is stuffing my face.

Friday, May 23, 2014

A Tuesday at Cracker Barrel

A few weeks ago, I made an appointment to use a Groupon and have my car detailed. I went to Corky's on Washington Square in REO Town, and they did a great job.

Before the boyfriend dropped me off at my office and took me for a surprise special mid-week treat- breakfast at Cracker Barrel.

I know. I'm all about independent, locally-owned, hidden gem restaurants. But I love, I love, Cracker Barrel. I always have.

We both had the seasonal butter pecan pancakes.

They were doughy but a little bit crispy on the outside. Light, fluffy, buttery and pecany and to die for. Throw in a neverending cup of coffee and I could have quite literally stayed there all day.

Eat breakfast, rock on the front patio for a while. More pancakes for lunch, peruse the foodstuffs and other kitsch in the country store. Chicken and dumplings for dinner and it's time to go home.

The pancakes came with eggs and bacon. Bring Your Own Hunk.

Memorial Weekend: a great time for pancakes.

No comments: